an update: chronic illness | ulcerative colitis

by - 6:37 PM

i havent posted here in over 2 years so i want to update with some stuff.
on august 22, 2018
i was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis
wow so nice
my whole life ive been constantly sick and things became prominent in 6th grade
i got the stomach flu and it was horrible
ever since then, I've had GI problems
it would be hard for me to eat, id throw up everytime i ate so i just stopped eating and went from 99 lbs to 85 lbs
then one day (still in 6th grade) i woke up late at night with an excruciating burning pain in my chest and was sobbing so my mom took me to the hospital
there, i was diagnosed with GERD.
after then, I've constantly battled against GERD trying to control it
periods of being able to eat without severe nausea and/or throwing up and periods with nausea
literally everytime i brushed my teeth, i would throw up so i always started the day with throwing up my stomach acid
fast forward to the summer before 10th grade
i made crescent rolls but they were made the day of expiration
everyone else ate them and were fine but i ate mine the day after
they expired on august 8th so i ate mine august 9th
august 10th: i got sick
i thought it was food poisoning
diarrhea (yeah not afraid to admit that), nausea, stomach pain, all that
i ate saltine crackers all day and drank water
august 11th: things got worse.
i totally lost my appetite and my thirst. ive didnt eat anything or drink anything. it was so bad for me not to drink water since i had diarrhea multiple times a day and was losing water at a fast pace
august 13th: stomach pain got so terrible (sharp cramping pain right above my belly button by the way) that i went to the emergency room.
they gave me toradol, iv fluids because of the severe dehydration, and a tablet underneath my tongue to help the nausea (forgot the name). i felt so much better and i thought that would be the end of it. especially since i was taking anti-diarrheal pills (which made things worse because somehow even though it stopped the diarrhea, it gave me a really bad cold with pink eye)
me texting my boyfriend: im having really embarrassing symptoms... (talking about diarrhea)
boyfriend: what is it?
me: lol im bleeding out my butthole
boyfriend: WHAT
me: jkjk
august 14th: i really started bleeding out my butthole, that was karma for joking about it. stomach pain started back, even worse. still cant eat. still cant drink but only feeling a little better because of the iv fluids from last night.
i finally started throwing up. and i threw up blood. that was the final thing that made my mom take me back up to the emergency room and then i was admitted. for 12 days.

You May Also Like

0 comments